May 28, 2019 • Anna Griffin
Making scrapbook page is so much fun! We hope that you are enjoying this month’s layout tutorials, and that you are making them right along with us. Today’s project shows you how to take your favorite card design and turn it into a background for a special scrapbook page withour Perfect Palette Solid Core Card Stock. We are offering these papers, our Tooled Leather Embossing Folders, Radial Border Dies and Opulent Border Dies for a special price on our website this week. Get out the following materials, and let’s get to it!
Perfect Palette Scrapbook Page
- Empress machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Radial die set – AG884 https://annagriffin.com/product/radial-border-cut-and-emboss-dies/
- Opulent die set – AG885 https://annagriffin.com/product/opulent-border-cut-and-emboss-dies/
- Tooled leather embossing folders – https://annagriffin.com/product/tooled-leather-3d-embossing-folders/
- Paper trimmer
- Double sided adhesive
- Foam tape
- Bone folder
- Pen for journaling
Perfect Palette card stock-AG407 https://annagriffin.com/product/perfect-palette-solid-core-cardstock-12-x-12/
- 1, 12″ x 12″ piece
- Cut (8) of 3’ x 3” squares
- Cut (4) of 2”x 2” squares
- Cut (4) of 1.5” x 1.5” squares
- Use the Opulent Border shadow layer die and cut (4)
- 12”x 12” piece
- Use white for (4) shadow layers from the Radial Border Die Set
- Cut (8) hand cut hearts for leaves
- (1) 11.5” x 11.5” for the background
- Cut and emboss (4) of the radial dies
- Cut (1) 5”x 5”
- Cut and emboss (4) of the Opulent dies
- Cut (1) of 3.75” x 5.25”
- Chip board cut to 6” x 6”
- Photo cut to 3.5” x 5”
- Journal tag
- Adhere the light pink card stock on top of the 12 x 12 dark pink card stock
- Adhere the die cuts to their shadow layers using foam tape.
- Glue the light blue die cuts to the corners of your layout, so the tips of the die cut touch the edge of the pink card stock.
- Using adhesive tape, glue the turquoise die cut pieces to the edge of the 5”x5” light blue card stock lining up the edge with the score line at the bottom of the die.
- Glue chipboard underneath the light blue card stock and die cuts to give it support.
- Use two layers of foam tape to adhere the diamond layer in the center
Make your flowers:
- Emboss all of the hot pink squares with the tooled paisley embossing folder
- With scissors, cut each square the same, cut from the outside corner to the center leaving a small gap in the middle, similar to making a pin wheel.
- Cut each end in a petal like shape, do this to all squares
- Using bone folder, curl under the ends of the petal shapes on the bottom 3 layers of petals
- Place flower edges on flat surface and rub bone folder back and forth against it, this gives better curling
- Curl the top layer upward and fold into a ball like shape
- Glue all layers together with foam tape, alternating petals, pinch edges as needed
- Glue each flower to the corners of the layout
- Emboss your leaves with the Tooled Vines embossing folder
- Score leaves down the center before embossing them, they will fold easier after embossed
- Glue leaves under the sides of the petals using foam tape
- Using adhesive tape glue photo to the turquoise card stock and glue to center of layout
- Add sentiment and journal tag
As you look at your crafting items, you will start to see how you can use your card making dies and papers to create incredible scrapbook pages! Happy crafting!