June 4, 2019 • Anna Griffin
For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, we are going to show you a few ways to think outside the Wallet Card Making Kit box! A little bit of authentic texture goes a long way to elevate a card making kit card. This tutorial is just in time for Father’s Day but the ideas can be used with any of our kits. These special cards are perfect for dad, your husband, son, cousin, brother or uncle — because everyone loves a gift card!
Embossed Wallet Card
- Empress Machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Tooled Leather Embossing Folders- https://annagriffin.com/product/tooled-leather-3d-embossing-folders/
- For Him Embossing Folder + Border
- Paper Trimmer
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Tear Tape
- Bone Folder
- Card Bases from Wallet Card Making Kit- https://annagriffin.com/product/wallet-card-making-kit/
- Layers from Wallet Card Making Kit
- Sentiments from Wallet Card Making Kit
- Embellishments from Wallet Card Making Kit
- 1, 4.5″ x 3.25″ piece brown suede (from MSYL Leather Kit)- https://www.hsn.com/products/cricut-anna-griffin-make-something-you-love-faux-leathe/8558765?query=8558765&isSuggested=true
- 1, 7.5″ x 1″ matte gold foil- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-72-piece-foil-cardstock-bundle/8650317?variant=8650318
- Choose a card base from the kit. Fold along all of the scoring lines
- Use a bone folder to make sure all of your folds are creased evenly
- Fold in all of the tabs and apply strong, double sided adhesive to each tab
- Use an embossing folder (ours is from Tooled Leather Embossing Folders) to emboss the faux suede
- Use 2 paper shims or a folded card for extra embossing power
Use the a decorative border (ours is from For Him Embossing Folder Set) to emboss your gold matte foil card stock
Fill the pockets inside the card with embellishments and cards from the card kit.
Add the faux suede panel to the front of the wallet card and embellish!
Another way you can add a little extra excitement to your Wallet Card Making Kit is to emboss the entire card base.
- Use an embossing folder (ours is from For Him Embossing Folders) to create a mock-croc texture on your wallet card
- There’s no need for an extra shim since you are embossing the full, folded wallet card
Here’s a tip for making the gift card come easily out of the pocket. Make a pull tab from the ticket embellishment in the kit by folding it in half on the top of the gift card holder.
If you want a secure closure, look no further than the front of your card kit box for an snip of velcro.
Embellish the card until your heart’s content
We hope that you enjoyed these ideas, and that they inspire you to think outside the box with our card kits. There are so many ways that you can take something great that is truly unique. Join us next Tuesday for our shows on HSN and another helpful craft tutorial.
Bye for now,