February 5, 2019 • Anna Griffin
This week’s cold winter weather has us already thinking about Spring! For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, Anna shows you techniques for making our 3D Floral Cut and Emboss Dies come to life! Do you have these dies? If you’d love a set of your very own you can get them on our website: https://annagriffin.com/product/product-17/
Watch this video for tips on how to use them!
Interested in having a new black magnetic mat for your Empress? The first few hundred are in stock on annagriffin.com and they will be featured on HSN on March 5th. Consider yourself the first to know!
3D Floral Cut and Emboss Dies
Finished Size: 5×7 card
Tools and Materials:
Anna Griffin Empress Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
Anna Griffin 3D Flower Dies
Anna Griffin Tool ’n One
5”x 7″ Card base
5”x 7” Green and blue patterned card stock
(2) 5”x 7” Pieces green patterned card stock
(2) 5”x 7” Pieces ivory card stock
Pearl or rhinestone sticker embellishments
Pink ink, Green ink and Ink dauber
Rubber mat / Thick Craft Foam Sheet
Foam square adhesive and Double-sided adhesive
1. To make this card, you will use the following dies from the 3D Flower Dies: large daisy, small daisy, large four petal flower with heart-shaped center, small four petal flower with heart-shaped center, branch with seven leaves, two leaves that cross, one leaf.
2. Using the Empress machine and all of the dies on the sheet containing the daisy dies, die cut the ivory card stock and the green patterned card stock together. Place the ivory card stock closest to the dies and the green patterned card stock on top of the ivory card stock.
3. Remove the green card stock die cut pieces. Remove the magnet mat and run the ivory card stock die cut pieces through again to emboss with the rubber mat on top plus the 2nd A plate.
4. Repeat this process with remaining dies.
5. With the scoring nib of the Tool ’n One and a foam mat, burnish the center of all of the flowers and leaves. Curl the paper over the embossing nib to shape the petals.
6. Using a dauber, lightly apply ink to the edges of the ivory card stock.
1. Using double-sided adhesive, attach the green and blue patterned card stock to the ivory card stock base.
2. Adhere each inked ivory die cut piece to the green patterned shadow using double-sided adhesive. Skew slightly so the green shadow layer is visible.
3. Attach the leaves to the card base using foam squares. Apply diagonally across the lower left portion of the card base.
4. Adhere the flowers to the card base using foam squares. Place the larger flower die cuts towards the center and the smaller flower die cuts towards the edges.
5. Attach a sentiment using foam squares.
6. Embellish the flower centers with pearls or rhinestones.
What a stunning, spring-inspired card! We hope that you learned a few things when it comes to working with floral cutting dies. You can use these top tips in your own card making and scrapbooking!