July 30, 2019 • Anna Griffin
For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, we have an incredible, opulent card like no other! We know how much you like to make dimensional cards and today’s pop out card will take your paper crafting skills to a whole new level! We are showing you an easy way to create this 3 dimensional card, so you can share it with friends and family. Get out your Feather Card Stock, Feather Dies and the following materials and let’s get to crafting!
- Empress Machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Feather Cut & Emboss – https://annagriffin.com/product/feather-cut-emboss-dies/
- Scoring tool
- Double sided adhesive
- Foam adhesive
- Craft knife
- Gold Matte foil card stock 12×12 to cut feather dies
- Feather cardstock (pale blue design) AG883- https://annagriffin.com/product/feather-cardstock-bundle/
- Cut (1) 5 x 7
- Cut (1) 11 x 7
- When cutting the 12 x 12 piece of card stock, cut from the top down and then cut .5” off of each side, this will give you a perfect crop of the pattern for the card.
- Feather Sentiments and Embellishments – https://annagriffin.com/product/feather-embellishments-sentiments/
- White metallic card stock- https://annagriffin.com/product/metallic-layers-120-count-5-x-7/
On the back of the 11 x 7 card stock, measure and mark horizontally at 3″ and 6.” Score from top to bottom at 3” and 6.”
Along the 6” score line, take a pencil and measure down from the top 2” and make a mark.
Measure again from the bottom up at 2” and make a mark. Measure and mark 2.5″ on center horizontally at each 2″ mark.
Use a craft knife to cut the 2.5″ horizontal lines. Score vertically to connect the top and bottom 2.5″ cuts.
Flip the card over. Fold card along the score lines and pop the center cut outward so it pops out of the card.
Use adhesive to adhere the 5 x 7 blue card stock to the back of the card along the open edges.
Die cut and emboss a peacock and your feather embellishments.
Place 3 of the large feathers onto the back inside part of the card
- Line up the feathers to stay inside the card when it is closed.
- Trim some of the tips of the feathers so they lay nicely against the edges of the card inside
Take the middle section of feathers, glue them together, then attach them with foam tape to the front of the pop out section.
Take the peacock and attach the remaining feathers with foam adhesive. Glue to the front of the card.
Add a sentiment and other embellishments.
On the back of the card, add embellishment and a signature card.
How gorgeous is this card? We love how elegantly it shows off all of the gold feathers. It’s the perfect card to send best wishes to a friend or family member. Remember, you can change out the sentiment to suit any occasion!
We hope you enjoyed today’s tutorial; you can get the items for this card on our website at a special price until next Tuesday. https://annagriffin.com/product-category/new/