June 25, 2019 • Anna Griffin
We hope that you have your craft supplies out, and that you’re ready to make an extravagant card with us! Our fanciful foil layers card is one of the prettiest that we have created for Tutorial Tuesday, and it is full of French inspiration! While you craft, be sure to watch us on The Shopping Channel (Canada) today at 12pm and 3pm here: https://www.tsc.ca/pages/watchuslive.
The items in today’s tutorial are available on our website at special pricing 6/25/2019 – 7/2/2019. Let’s get started!
Fanciful Foil Layers Card
- Foil layers- https://annagriffin.com/product/foil-stamped-card-layers/
- Empress machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Gatefold scroll die AG-888H- https://annagriffin.com/product/gatefold-jacket-scroll-dies/
- Double sided adhesive
- Foam tape
- Paper trimmer
- Foil layers
- Mini Flowers AG-736- https://annagriffin.com/product/mini-flowers-sentiment-stickers/
- Wedding card toppers AG-904- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-wedding-card-toppers-kit/8996202?query=8996202&isSuggested=true
- Blue metallic cardstock
- Cut (1) piece at 5×3 ½
- Gold matte cardstock
- Cut (1) gatefold die
- Cut (1) large rectangular die
- Use the gold matte paper to cut the gatefold die
2. Cut the small rectangle die out of the 6×6 blue foil paper and and the large rectangular die out of the gold matte paper
3. Cut the hinge die out of the blue metallic paper
4. Take 2 blue foil 5×7 card stock sheets and duplex them with your Xyron. Cut them in half the long ways.
5. Fold the gatefold die at the score lines.
6. Place double sided adhesive at the score line and at the edges of the die.
7. Glue the blue foil cut pieces to the inside of the gatefold.
8. Leave as is or use scissors to fussy cut around the edges of the gatefold die on both sides
9. For the inside of the card, take the foil layer with the frame design and trim 1/16 off each side so card will close once it’s in the card
10. Glue to the inside of the card
11. Using foam tape glue down the gold matte large rectangle die on top of the foil frame piece.
12. Use foam tape to glue down the floral small rectangular die on top of the gold rectangle.
13. Use foam tape to adhere the sentiment.
14. Use foam tape to adhere the bird embellishment.
15. Use foam tape to glue the mini rose flower to the hinge die.
16. Glue the hinge to one side of the gatefold
Isn’t this card gorgeous? Keep in mind that you can choose the pink, lavender or green foil layers and your favorite color of matte foil card stock.
We love the versatility of this card, and how you can fussy cut around the scroll gatefold, or leave it if you wish! Either way, you will have an absolutely gorgeous card!