June 11, 2019 • Anna Griffin
We hope you have been enjoying all of the crafting hours today on HSN. Our next shows are at 11am, 12pm, 1pm for our Facebook Live, 3pm, 4pm, 7pm, 8pm and 10pm EST.
For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, we’re going to show you how to distress your card layers and embellishments to get that perfect patina. Make this project along with us while you watch craft day! If you don’t already have these items, we have them available (linked below) on our website for a special price!
Distressing 3 Ways
- Mini flowers & Sentiments- https://annagriffin.com/product/mini-flowers-sentiment-stickers/
- Empress machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Ornamental embossing folders (Damask)- https://annagriffin.com/product/product-24/
- Plaid Anna Griffin Perfect Palette Paints (Petal Pink)- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-perfect-palette-multi-surface-13-piece-pai/8882694?query=8882694&isSuggested=true
- Paint brush
- Paper towels
- Foam tape
- Mini flowers & sentiments
- Ivory card 5″ x 7″
- Purple card stock cut (1) at 6″ x 9″ – any size larger than 5×7 will work
- White Bow (1)
Take a piece of non-solid core card stock and place it inside the embossing folder letting the paper hang out on 3 sides. Press down on the folder and tear the paper against the edge of the folder on one side.
Adjust the paper in the folder so you can tear the opposite side. Tear the top and bottom edges against the edge of the folder.
Emboss the paper using any embossing folder. We have used our 3D Ornamental Embossing folder.
Use sand paper to sand the top of the embossed image to reveal the design
Attach the layer to the front of a 5×7 card
We had fun experimenting with the colors in our Perfect Palette All Purpose Paint set from Plaid. See how the different colors transformed our Mini Flower stickers.
The petal pink paint gives a softer distressed look than the milk white.
Using paint brush, paint over the flower part and immediately rub the paint off with a paper towel so there are no streaks.
The paint dries quickly on the paper.
Arrange your flowers on top of the torn edge card stock. Then add a sentiment and ribbon to complete the look.
We love how sanding away the layers and painting over the embellishments gives your projects a whole new look! We’re always looking for new and exciting ways to use our amazing crafting products. Tell us what you would like to learn how to do!