April 30, 2019 • Anna Griffin
For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, we are going to show you how to use our gorgeous Floral and Borders Decoupage Die Cuts to transform your Anna Griffin card kit boxes into beautiful storage boxes! If you want to make this treasure along with us, but you don’t have the essential items, don’t worry we have links to all of the materials below.
- Mod Podge – https://www.hsn.com/shop/mod-podge/12725?&query=mod%20podge&isSuggested=false
- Mod Podge – https://plaidonline.com/products/category/glues-decoupagefinishes?category=Shop_Brand_ModPodge
- Foam Brush
- Paper trimmer
- Decoupage Die Cuts, Boiserie & Floral – LINK
- Decoupage Die Cuts, Boiserie & Floral – HSN- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-floralboiserie-die-cuts-for-decoupage/8896709?query=8896709&isSuggested=true
- Anna Griffin Card Making Kit Box or any paper wrapped box
- 4 Paper strips of 1-1/16” x 12” or sized to fit your own box
- Create a dry composition on the box top with the die cuts to determine their position. Remove them and stack them in order from last one placed to first one placed.
- Cut apart the die cuts if needed to get the right look or to keep the die cuts within a certain space.
- Coat the back of the first die cut with Mod Podge and apply all, one at a time, to the top of the box.
- When overlapping the die cuts, make sure that each die cut has a layer of Mod Podge on the top and bottom of each die cut to prevent peeling.
Apply the paper strips to all 4 edges of the box with Mod Podge.
- Apply 1 coat of Mod Podge evenly over the box top and sides. Let dry for 1 hour and apply a second coat for durability.
You can use these pretty boxes to store your large die sets, tools, emellishments and so much more! They also make great, re-useable gift boxes!
Now that we have you thinking about decoupage, why not cover one of the folios that house our die cuts? These make your very own “big fat card envelopes” or a cute clutch for a night out!
We hope that you enjoy today’s tutorial, and that you’ll join us in 1 week for Craft Day on HSN. We can’t wait to show you all of the new items and are excited to show you all of the incredible projects that you can create.
Bye for now,