April 9, 2019 • Anna Griffin
Can you believe that Easter is in less than 2 weeks? For today’s Tutorial Tuesday, we are making the most gorgeous Easter gatefold card. It is just what you want to send to friends and family members! The star of the show is our Basket Cut and Emboss Die Set https://annagriffin.com/product/basket-cut-emboss-dies/. If you don’t already have these gorgeous dies they are on sale on our website. You’re going to enjoy sending lovely, flower filled baskets all year long!
Let’s hop to it!
Baskets of Bunnies Gatefold Card
- Empress Cut and Emboss machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- AG760 Basket Cut and Emboss Die Set – https://annagriffin.com/product/basket-cut-emboss-dies/
- AG868 3D Frames Embossing folders – https://annagriffin.com/product/border-frame-3d-embossing-folders/
- Foam adhesive squares
- Thermoweb purple tape
- Tool n One
- Bone folder
- Lavender Metallic Card Stock:
- 1, 7”x10”
- 1, 6”x6”
- Periwinkle cardstock
- 1, 3”x6”
- Gold Matte Foil Card Stock
- 1, 1”x12”
- 2, 6”x8”
- AG882 Easter Stickers
- AG892 120 Mini Favorite Flowers Stickers- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-favorite-flower-120-pack-mini-3d-sticker-s/8956876?query=8956876&isSuggested=true
- Use a ruler and pencil to mark the top and bottom of the 10” wide lavender card stock at 2.5” and 7.5.”
- Score vertically at each measurement from the top to the bottom.
3. Fold the sides in to the middle using a bone folder.
4. Place the folded card into the Ornamental Corners embossing folder and emboss.
5. Place the gold matte foil paper strip under the gatefold card and score it vertically on either side of the card. Wrap it around the card so the ends overlap on the front of the card. Re-fold the band. Use removeable tape to secure the folded band to the inside of the Triple Detail frame embossing folder along the edge of the design and emboss.
6. From the remaining gold matte foil card stock cut and emboss:
- 1, large basket die cut
- 2, vine die cuts
- 2, large bow die cuts
- 1, small basket with flowers die cut
- 6, flowers in the basket die with no handle (cut off the basket from 5 of these with a craft knife)
7. From the 3”x6” of periwinkle card stock cut and emboss:
- 2, small bow die cuts
8. For the inside of the card, layer the vines, gold florals and flowers on each side.
9. Create the inside basket by cutting out pieces of the matching die cuts to create a 3D basket.
10. Add Easter sentiment.
11. Add the gold bow to the top.
12. Take the large basket die cut and fill the basket with Easter stickers
13. Use the 6”x6” piece of lavender metallic paper as a backer to the basket. Trim all around the edge of the filled basket. This gives a nice flat edge backing so the band can easily slide off the card.
14. Close the card and wrap the gold 1” embossed strip around it so the ends overlap on the front of the card.
15. Glue the ends to form a band.
Glue the large filled basket to the band only so it will easily slide off to reveal your sentiment.
That was fun! Remember, you can use the embossing folders, flowers and papers that you already have to make this card.
Be sure to join us on Friday on TSC (The Shopping Channel in Canada) at 8am, 11am, 4pm and 8pm. See you there!