September 3, 2019 • Anna Griffin
We are so excited to show you how to work with our double-sided Tropical Cardstock, Tropical Dies and Ivory Cardstock to create a shadow box card from scratch! Anytime you need an escape, this set of products can help transport you somewhere warm and wonderful!
Come make this card with us!
Tropical Shadow Card
- Empress Machine- https://annagriffin.com/product/empress-machine/
- Tropical Dies- https://annagriffin.com/product/tropical-cut-emboss-dies/
- Craft knife
- Scoring tool
- Foam tape
- Double sided tape
- Tropical Card Stock- https://annagriffin.com/product/tropical-double-sided-cardstock-set-48-piece/
- Orange Card Stock 3.75 x 4.5
- Orchid Pattern Card Stock cut 10 x 7
- Ivory Card Stock cut to 3.75 x 4.5- https://annagriffin.com/product/ivory-cardstock-bundle/
- Small flowers cut from dies
- (2) Large flowers cut from dies
- (3) Small leaves cut from dies
- (2) Large leaves cut from dies
- Vintage Travel card toppers for sentiment- https://www.hsn.com/products/anna-griffin-vintage-travel-card-toppers/9144922?query=vintage%20travel&isSuggested=false
- Big Fat Card Mailers- https://annagriffin.com/product/my-big-fat-card-mailers/
- Score the 10×7 patterned card stock vertically at 5″ and fold to make the card base.
2. Die cut and layer all leaves, flowers and flamingo using foam tape between layers (step out)
3. Using double sided tape adhere the orange card stock to the front of the card just north of center.
4. Adhere a small leaf to the top right corner of the orange layer and trim off the excess that overlaps the edge.
5. On the ivory card stock and the orchid pattern layers, mark around all the edges at .5″ to make a frame. Cut out the center of all 3 with a craft knife and ruler.
- Use a heavy cardstock to make your frames
6. On one of the ivory frames, adhere two large leaves on the top of the frame on the left and right side.
- Stack your frames on top of each other before gluing so you can determine where to put your leaves
7. Trim off the overlapping parts of the leaf so they line up with the edge of the frame.
8. Adhere the frame on top of the orange rectangle on the card base with foam adhesive.
9. Do the same with the second frame with the smaller leaves on the top and bottom.
10. Trim off overlapping parts of the leaves like before.
11. Adhere to the top of the first frame.
12. Adhere the orchid pattern frame on top of all with foam adhesive.
13. Using foam tape, glue down the flamingo, sentiment and flowers to the top patterned frame.
Do you feel as refreshed as we do after making this card? We love how quick and easy it is to layer, and hope that you learned a few new crafting skills. Don’t forget, the items used to make this card are available on our website at a special price through September 10th! https://annagriffin.com/product-category/new/