May 26, 2017 • Anna Griffin
Are you ready to create with the Decorative Edge Border Dies that you bought on HSN in March? Don’t worry, if you want to make this card along with us you can still get the dies here. Our Decorative Edge Border Dies are incredibly detailed and so versatile! One project that we thought would be fun to share and make with you is a matchbook style card. This card design has a special closure and you can use this trick on almost any card! Before we get started, don’t forget we will be on HSN June 16th for our first ever Clearance Shows and we will be back for a 24 hour Craft Day on July 11th. Those new product previews start this Monday, May 29th.
Let’s get to creating!
MATERIALS – listing all HSN item numbers
- Anna Griffin® Gold Cricut Cuttlebug™ Version 3 – 522-138 – Rubber Embossing Mat
- Anna Griffin® Cuttlebug™ Magnetic Mat 2-pack 528-936
- Anna Griffin® Decorative Edge Border Dies – Scalloped Edge Die
- Anna Griffin® Tool ‘n One with Multipurpose Craft Tips & Bag 457-852 – Scoring Tip
- Anna Griffin® Craft Essential Tool Set 442-864 – Ruler & Paper Trimmer & Cutting Mat
- Anna Griffin® Charlotte Papercrafting Collection – 1, 12”x12” Black and Ivory Patterned card stock cut to 5”x7” Folded Card Base 489-141
- 1, 3.5” x 6.75” Black card stock layer
- 1 Sentiment
- 2 Floral Embellishment stickers
- Double Sided Adhesive (tape runner)
- Trim top layer on right side of card base to 4.75” from fold.
- Place the Scalloped Edge Die along the edge of the black card stock layer then die cut and emboss. The sandwich to die cut is: Stack from the bottom up – A plate, magnetic mat, B plate, die face up, paper face down, B plate. The sandwich to emboss is: Stack from the bottom up – A plate, B Plate, Die with paper inside, rubber mat, B plate.
- Score along the straight edge of die cut at 0.625” using the ruler and scoring tool and cutting mat. Place the score line against the edge of the ruler and fold the straight edge up.
- Fold the straight edge over the back side of the card base. Adhere on the back flap only, with double-sided adhesive, leaving the front decorative edge open.
Fold over the card front. Tuck the top layer of the card base underneath the die cut edge to form a matchbook closure. Adhere floral embellishments and sentiment with double sided adhesive.
Wasn’t that fun? We love sharing tutorials on how to use all of our products that you get from HSN. Have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend!