May 16, 2014 • Anna Griffin
What a fun day we had on HSN Wednesday! Thank you for all the fantastic calls. I will be back with 2 presentations of the Cricut Explore June 13th and 14th so that gives us plenty of time to bring you more creative ideas in the meantime.
Now, for the next installment of our Beautiful in the Making series! With wedding season in full swing, I wanted to give you a pretty little project you could make for those brides-to-be in your life. And, just like with all of our projects, this can be used for any occasion by simply changing out the sentiment! Let’s get started.
· Cricut Explore machine
· Cricut Cuttlebug machine
· Lace Trimmings Embossing Folders & Dies- Francesca Lace folder and border with coordinating border die
· Pillow box from the Sophisticated Soiree Cricut Collection
· Interchangeable Border Punches lace border punch
· 3D flower stickers (we used a sticker from the Eleanor collection)
· Metallic Layers Cardstock pink and cream shimmer cardstock
· Sentiment sticker (we used a sticker from the Engraved Frames, Tags, & Sentiments collection)
· Cream cardstock
· Cream ribbon
1. Trim a 4 3/4” x 5 3/4” panel of cream cardstock. Emboss with Francesca Lace folder.
2. Die cut and emboss 3 strips of cream cardstock with lace border embossing folder
6. Trim a 3” x 5” strip of pink Metallic Layers cardstock. Notch one end into “v” to create banner element. Adhere to embossed panel, tucking upper edge under lace layers.
7. Affix sentiment and flower stickers.
8. Mat finished panel with pink Metallic Layers cardstock and adhere to a 5 x 7” cream cardstock base.
Gift Card Holder:
1. Use Cricut Explore to cut and assemble a pillow box from Splendid and Sophisticated Soirees.
2. Using a sheet of cream cardstock just smaller than your pillow box, die cut and emboss two lace cream cardstock strips to create lace wrap. Leave blank space in the middle of wrap for ribbon. Wrap around box and secure ends with adhesive.
I hope you enjoy making this project! Let me know what you think!